Mission, Vision, and Values
The mission of the Office of Learning and Professional Development is to foster an organizational learning environment that contributes to the effectiveness of Rice employees, and provides them with the support, skills, and information necessary to lead and perform with excellence.
Our vision is to offer learning and development opportunities that:
- meet the needs of the Rice professional community,
- nurture achievement and encourage success, and
- empower all members of the Rice family to become excellent employees who achieve extraordinary results.
In the Office of Learning and Professional Development we value:
- Innovative interventions - quality technology, strategies, and programs that produce outstanding results
- Problem-oriented action planning - interventions specifically designed to address your needs
- Participant feedback and satisfaction - input from our customers that helps guide our actions
- Excellence in execution - a commitment to quality service that drives us to perform