Our Commitment - High Impact Learning
What is High Impact Learning? It's Rice's way of improving performance and ensuring you, your employees, and your department receive the highest possible return on your collective investment in learning and professional development.
- Typically, only 10 - 15% of training "sticks" and leads to performance improvement back on the job.
- Additionally, more than 85% of training is lost if learners don't use the new skills or knowledge immediately, and/or don't get follow-up support from supervisors or managers
High Impact Learning shifts the focus from "...quality of training..." and "...importance to business..." to "...on-the-job application of learning..." and "...importance to business...", thereby allowing you to shift the return on your training investment from good to great. Here's how it works:
- Step 1: Manager/supervisor meets with learner prior to training to pinpoint specific developmental goals and objectives
- Step 2: Learner attends high quality program to enhance capabilities
- Step 3: Manager/supervisor debriefs with learner to create an action plan that supports performance improvement
Those three simple steps are all it takes to create a positive impact that will benefit your employees, your area of oversight, and the Rice community as a whole. Additional tools to support managers/supervisors in this endeavor include the following: