April Learning Challenge: OPD Website Scavenger Hunt!
Training & Professional Development
Our goal is to design and deliver high-quality, accessible training and collaborative learning experiences for all employees’ professional development.
Visit catalog.rice.edu for course dates and to register.
Please visit the Developing World Class Staff page for Crucial Conversations Suite, Influencer and Change Anything course descriptions
From composing emails and memos to completing major reports, writing is a part of virtually every position on campus. Do you:
* ever wonder whether to use “who” or “whom?”
* want to make your writing more concise, and spend less time editing for clarity and correctness?
* need a refresher on English grammar and usage?
* have concerns about the impression your writing makes on your readers?
If so, don’t miss the Fundamentals of Business Writing, where you will learn to produce clear, concise, correct, and confident business writing.
For many of us, written communication with critical stakeholders is a key job responsibility. Are you confident about the style and tone of your writing? When faced with that task, do you jump right in and compose an email or memo, or do you:
* consider the communication context, the needs of your audience, the outcomes you are trying to create, and the best medium to use?
* organize your thoughts and format your documents effectively?
Enroll yourself in Advanced Business Writing, and learn to create “strategic” communications that produce the results you intend with your most important constituents.