Employee Learning Week
- Click HERE for the handout from Organizational & Professional Development. Click on links in document to access the webpages associated with the content in this presentation.
- Glasscock School of Continuing Studies
- Rice Business Executive Education
- Digital Media Commons
- Office of the Registrar
- Tuition Benefits (Tuition Waiver / Audit; Tuition Reimbursement)
- Monday, December 3, 11 am – 12 noon: Taking Charge of Your Development Learning Showcase and Information Session. Register for session at https://signup.rice.edu/ELW18LSIS/
- Tuesday, December 4, 9:30 – 11 am: Bend, Bounce, But Don't Break: Resilience is Your Greatest Strength. Register for session at https://signup.rice.edu/ELW18Bend/
- Wednesday, December 5, 1 – 2 pm: An Introduction to What Motivates Me. Register for session at https://signup.rice.edu/ELW18WMM/
- Thursday, December 6, 1 – 2:30 pm: Dare to Lead – A Discussion Based on the Research and New Book by Brene Brown. Register for session at https://signup.rice.edu/ELW18Dare/
- Friday, December 7, 10 am – 1:30 pm: Individual Career Development Conversations. Register for your 25 minute one-on-one session at https://bit.ly/2PI9l2p
Employee Learning Week Topics
Click HERE for resources and scroll down to Boundary Spanning & Crowd Sourcing
A group of Rice staff members spent time discussing Organizational and Professional Development at Rice, now and in the future. Facilitated by Abbey Godley and Carrie Toffoletto, and using a new visioning tool called The Road to "There", the group worked in small groups to identify the current state (our "now"), the desired state, the gap (difference between where we are and where we want to be) and potential road blocks to getting to "There". Finally, the group debriefed the experience and discussed possible short term action steps and how this fits into our Careers At Rice strategy.
The final topic of Employee Learning Week was Triggers, Hijacks and Derailers…Oh My! Participants spent their lunch hour discussing how they can "get out of their own way" by enhancing their emotional intelligence in the workplace. Identifying triggers, managing emotions (potential hijacks) and knowing the common behavior that derails professionals from reaching their career goals, is key to success. Through exercises and discussion, they took the first step to having a great 2017, not only by examining the areas of emotional intelligence, but merely by taking time for professional development.