Considering the range of positions, skill levels and software used throughout Rice divisions, schools, departments, etc. staff are encouraged to identify the most appropriate vendor to meet the unique needs of the group. Contact Organizational and Professional Development to determine what approach would work best for you and / or your team.
The following includes, but is not limited to, options for technology training:
- Attend course locally / off-site
- Complete live, online course*
- Complete self-paced, online course* (ranging from no cost up to approximately $300 per person depending on course / skill level)
- View short tutorials (check out the Digital Media Commons first)
- Small group attend public class locally / off-site
- Small to medium (10-12) size group attend private class / off-site
- Team / group arrange for private class on-campus that is customized for skill level and content
*In order to maximize learning and minimize distractions and interruptions for the learner the following may need to be considered (based on the work environment, course content, etc.):
- The learner may need to utilize headphones in order to concentrate, retain information and complete activities / assessments
- The learner may need to attend course in a private location, the library, etc. in order to concentrate, retain information and complete the required activities / assessments
Employees are encouraged to work with their Supervisor or Manager to identify the best approach and environment while considering the employee’s needs and learning style as well as the course length, content, format, etc.